ION TORRENT™ MINI LAB TOUR
What is the Ion Torrent™ Mini Lab Tour?
We're hitting the road and bringing the Ion Personal Genome Machine® (PGM™) Sequencer to a venue near you. Discover the technology up close and see it run in a very special environment, at the back of a Mini Cooper!
The Ion PGM™ Sequencer stands for Speed. Scalability. Simplicity. Hear the latest from the experts during the technology seminar.
From small beginnings, come big discoveries. Join the tour today!
Coming to a venue near you.
The Ion Torrent™ Mini Lab tour is travelling all over the UK. Check the itinerary out and join the tour at a location near you.
Let us know you are coming by registering for the technical seminar ahead of time. Spaces are limited so ensure you're part of the tour.
Powered by Ion Torrent™ semiconductor chip technology, the Ion Personal Genome Machine® (PGM™) Sequencer delivers the fastest run times, at the most affordable price, of any next-generation sequencer.
High accuracy and long reads put the Ion PGM™ Sequencer in a class of its own and makes next-generation sequencing more accessible to scientists around the world.
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Today’s coolest new gadget is, in fact at, CES 2012 – Forbes
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] “Ion Torrent Delivers on Unparalled Speed, Simplicity, and Scalability Enabled by Semiconductor Technology” – PR Newsire
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] “The hope is that mapping variations in the entire human genome can speed up or improve disease diagnosis and aid in developing more medical treatments targeted to patients with a specific genetic makeup.” – Wall Street Journal
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] “…it would likely make the company the first among a group of rivals racing to produce a $1,000 gene map. The current cheapest sequencing costs about $3,000 and takes a week.” – Wall Street Journal
- [PGM™ Sequencer] New Technology Helps Fight Deadly Outbreaks – US News & World Report
- [PGM™ Sequencer] New DNA sequencers are helping combat outbreaks of deadly diseases – US News & World Report
- [PGM™ Sequencer] Real time rapid response – MedLabNews
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Chip chips away at the cost of a genome – Nature
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Real time rapid response – MedLabNews
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Soon, $1,000 Will Map Your Genes – WSJ
- [PGM™ Sequencer] “A ‘worldwide genomics revolution’ is upon us.” – Forbes
- [PGM™ Sequencer] DNA Sequencing Is Now Improving Faster Than Moore’s Law! – Forbes
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] The coolest thing I saw at CES 2010 – PC Magazine
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] “An Even Bigger Leap for Human Genome Sequencing” – The Atlantic
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Davos wowed by device that reads 'code of life' in hours – AFP
- [PGM™ Sequencer] Desktop DNA Decoder Takes On Deadly E. Coli Strain - “The three-day turnaround time was until recently unheard of.” – Forbes
- [Ion Proton™ Sequencer] Breakthrough machine to read individuals’ DNA for just $1,000 – Financial Times
Expand..Collapse..01 Aberdeen29 August 2012Institute of Medical Sciences
University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen AB25 7ZD
Expand..Collapse..02 Edinburgh3 September 2012The Roslin Institute
Easter Bush Campus
Midlothian EH25 9RG
Expand..Collapse..03 Newcastle upon Tyne4 September 2012Life Conference and Banqueting
Blaydon & Gibbs Suite
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4EP
Expand..Collapse..04 Nottingham5 September 2012University of Nottingham
Room A10 - School of Veterinary Medicine
Leicestershire LE 12 5RD
Expand..Collapse..05 Manchester13 September 2012The Nowgen Centre
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS
Meeting Room 2 Foundation Trust
29 Grafton Street
Manchester M13 9WU
Expand..Collapse..05a Cambridge24 September 2012Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute
Li Ka Shing Centre
Cambridge CB2 0RE
Expand..Collapse..06 London25 September 2012Guy's Hospital
New Hunts House Guys Campus
Great Maze Pond
London SE1 9RT
Expand..Collapse..07 London26 September 2012Imperial College London
South Kensington Campus
Expand..Collapse..08 Cardiff1 October 2012The Henry Wellcome Building
University Hospital of Wales Cardiff
29 August 2012
3 September 2012
4 September 2012
5 September 2012
13 September 2012
24 September 2012
25 September 2012
26 September 2012
1 October 2012